TMCC: Spirit to Spirit Communication

After last year's disappointing attempts to harness my psychic tools, I wasn't expecting too much out of the Spirit to Spirit Communication class in this year's TMCC's paranormal series. In fact, I considered staying home, chilling on the couch and watching a little TV. At the last minute, I lost the - should I stay or should I go - argument with myself, got up off the couch and snuck into class 10 minutes late. I'm glad I went. Pride Hansen's approach to spirit communication is straight forward, easy to understand, and (most important) makes sense. I have a hard time swallowing anything too over the top or New Age-y (Is that even a word? New Age-y?). Anyway. I made it in time to catch his explanation on the difference between clairvoyance and mediumship. As I've mentioned many times before, I have little faith in mediums, that whole idea of a psychic "middle man" conveying messages to and from the spirit world on my behalf  just doesn't sit well with me.  Clairvoyance, on the other hand (as explained by Pride), is one on one communication with another spirit, which totally makes sense to me.

As a Native American, I have grown up with the belief that we are all connected through spirit. Spirit is in everything, everyone. We are surrounded at all times by spirit. We are connected to the earth and all its elements through spirit. When we die, we leave this physical shell and become a part of the Great Mystery; that infinite mass of spirit energy that connects us all. As such, we never really leave, we just vacate the vessel that contains our spirit, and we are freed.When we pray, we pray to our ancestors within that Great Mystery. In our ceremonies, through song and prayer, we call in the spirits of our ancestors to enter into our space and lend us their energy, and when the ceremony is ended we release them back into the Great Mystery with our thanks and gratitude. Some spirits choose to be born again in a physical form, some do not. Some spirits attach themselves to places or people that are significant to them. Some spirits choose to make themselves known to us, some do not. There are those who have been born with a greater ability to channel spirit energy; individuals we consider medicine people, but everyone can speak to spirit to a degree, or can learn to.

Pride spoke on opening and closing our chakras, detecting and interpreting auras and grounding ourselves through meditation. The class was given the opportunity to experiment with these things, and as usual, I didn't really get a whole lot out of it. But if there is one thing I really appreciate about Pride, it's his belief that we each have our own truth; that we each have to interpret what we perceive in relation to that truth. My truth may not be yours, and vice versa. So while he uses visualization and meditation exercises to achieve awareness, I use ceremony: song, prayer and sweat lodge.

In the short time I have been acquainted with Pride and his companion Gail, I realize that we do have similar views on a number of things, it's just that we're using different vocabulary. Hey, two classes for the price of one: psychic tools and a foreign language. How cool is that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Flats

Ghost Hunt - Summit Tunnel No. 6, Donner Summit

Knights of Pythias